Here it is – the 2012 NCCCC Road Schedule!
What’s new? Glad you asked!
NEW JOINT CONFERENCE EVENT!
We are teaming up with the Midwest Collegiate Cycling Conference (the MWCCC) to do a joint conference event at Lindenwood University on March 17-18. This is going to be a FANTASTIC event, with some really great courses around the St. Louis, MO area. From what I understand, the RR and TTT will feature plenty of climbing while the Crit in downtown Charleston, MO has a cobbled brick street finish, which should make for some great racing and spectating! Fortunately, this date coincides with many of our spring breaks so it should be a good opportunity to either start off a good week of “southern” training or a nice way to cap off that spring break training camp. We’ll have more details to announce as we get closer, so stay tuned!
2012 NCCCC Road Season (as of Jan. 10th)
- March 17-18 – Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO (Joint conference event)
- March 24-25 – Tour de Husker, Lincoln, NE (UNL)
- March 31-April 1 – Jayhawk Classic, Lawrence, KS (KU)
- April 7-8 – Open (Easter)
- April 14-15 – Wildcat Weekend, Manhattan, KS (KSU)
- April 21-22 – Hawkeye Weekend, Iowa City, IA (UI)
- April 28-29 – Gopher Weekend, Minneapolis, MN (UMTC)
- May 4-6 – Collegiate Road Nationals, Ogden, UT
Looking for some off-road fun?
Check out the NCCCC races being held in conjunction with the Sugar Bottom Scramble race weekend. Those in Iowa have hailed the ‘Scramble as “one of the oldest mountain bike races in Iowa and has always been among the favorites of mountain bike racers across the state”!
The weekend includes both a MTB Time Trial on Saturday (racing starts at 10:00 am) followed by the ‘Scramble on Sunday (racing starts at 10:00 am).
Camping is available at the Sugar Bottom Recreation Area, which is right next to the trails.
On Saturday evening, we will have our conference meeting/dinner at Valentino’s off 33rd and Holdrege Street in Lincoln, Nebraska. Meeting/dinner will begin at 7:00 pm, with a buffet available. Everyone is encouraged to attend as we will discuss conference-specific items, such as…
- Rules (both conference-specific and USAC)
- Road Nationals (qualifying, the points process, etc.)
- New mountain, track, and cyclocross initiatives
- And more!
We do ask that if you are interested in attending, please let me know at registration of the Tour de Husker road race so that we can let Valentino’s know how many to expect.
NCCCC racing continues this weekend with the Jayhawk Cycling Classic. Racing starts at 10:00 am Saturday with the Lonestar Road Race, followed by the Worden TTT at 3:00 pm. On Sunday, racing heads to KU’s West Campus (Lot 301) for a criterium starting at 9:00 am.
Check out all the details here.
2011 NCCCC Road Season Kick-Off – Take 2.
This weekend, collegiate racing travels to Iowa City, IA for the University of Iowa (UI) races. Saturday’s road race begins at 10:00 am, followed by a team time trial at 3:00 pm. Sunday’s criterium begins at 9:00 am.
All the details can be found on the flyer located here.
As reported by Tyler Rhodes from KSU Cycling…
“I’m very sorry to report this but we will be cancelling the wildcat race weekend. The first issue that has come up is the chance of rain or snow on Saturday. Temperatures are supposed to remain in the 30s-40s through the day and we are looking at an 80% chance of rain turning to snow. Reason two is road construction on our crit course that started only days ago. I have worked closely with university officials and was assured that work would be done in time to race. Because of the weather, the contractors are expecting delays that will force them to stripe the roads during the time we will be racing on Sunday.”
At long last…here it is…the 2011 NCCCC Road Season!
I first want to thank everyone both for their patience, but also for their willingness to work with each other to come up with this schedule. It’s taken some upshifts and downshifts, and I sincerely appreciate it. So without further delay…
2011 NCCCC Road Season
- March 26-27 – KSU Wildcat Race Weekend (Kansas State)
- April 2-3 – UI Race Weekend (Iowa)
- April 9-10 – KU Race Weekend (Kansas)
- April 16-17 – UNL Tour de Husker (Nebraska-Lincoln)
- April 23-24 – UMTC Golden Gopher Race Weekend (Minnesota-Twin Cities)
- April 30-May 1 – UND/NDSU Race Weekend (North Dakota/North Dakota State)
- May 6-8 – Collegiate Road Nationals (Madison, WI)
Race details and links will be forthcoming as they become available.
Things are starting to take shape for the 2011 road season. We’re working to finalize a few more events, so let me know if you have the interest and resources for taking on one of the available weekends.
Schedule (as of 1/12/11)
- February 12 – UND Bikecicle Race (Mountain)
- March 19-20 – Open (had tried getting a joint conference event in Oklahoma arranged)
- March 26-27 – KSU Wildcat Race Weekend
- April 2-3 – Open
- April 9-10 – Open
- April 16-17 – UNL Tour de Husker
- April 23-24 – Open (Easter weekend)
- April 30-May 1 – UMTC Golden Gopher Race Weekend
- May 6-8 – Collegiate Road Nationals (Madison, WI)
The University of North Dakota Cycling Team (UND) will be hosting their second annual “Bikecicle” (North Dakota-speak for bike+icicle) race on Saturday, February 12th. This event is being run as a USAC-sanction mountain bike race, and even includes a collegiate division!
If you have a free early-in-the-semester weekend, want to test your early-season fitness, or just get together in prep for the spring road season, then roll on up and see what Matthew and the UND folks have to deal with for February training!
All the info (including flyer) can be found at http://talk.campusdakota.com/index.php?topic=5553.
KSU is hosting a Mountain Bike event on Sunday, October 3rd near Manhattan, KS.
Racing starts at 12:00 pm, and details can be found on the flyer.
For more information, contact Tyler Rhodes directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event will also serve as the Mtn Bike conference championships, with the Collegiate National Championships taking place in Truckee, CA on October 14-17.